ARE YOU PREPARED?
Your horses are your responsibility. In BC there is no designated government or disaster agency responsible for the evacuation, transportation and temporary stabling of horses during large scale incidents.
HCBC has the following information free for download to help horse owners prepare for natural disasters, fire safety and prevention.
- Disaster Preparedness Guidelines
- Fire Prevention for your Barn/Barn Safety Checklist
- What Do I Do With My Horse in Fire, Flood, and/or Earthquake?
- AgSafe Emergency Response Tube Information
This information is intended to help the horse owner prepare for most disasters. It is only intended for use with horses. Your personal preparedness for yourself, your family and your home is not covered in these publications.
Automatic Coverage’s included with your HCBC membership:
- The Personal Liability coverage includes non-commercial care, custody and control of up to a maximum of 3 non-owned horses including Legal Liability for Non-Owned Horses of $10,000.00 per horse/ $50,000.00 per accident.
- Transportation Insurance for Non-Owned Horses protects against lawsuits for death of someone’s horse while you are transporting that horse subject to a limit of $10,000.00 per horse / $50,000.00 per accident and excluding commercial transportation of horses.