BC FERRIES SPORT EXPERIENCE PROGRAM
Through the BC Ferries Sport Experience Program, BC Ferries and ViaSport provide travel support to eligible not-for-profit sport organizations and athletes.
Vouchers may be used by athletes traveling to compete in international events, national championships, western Canadian championships, provincial championships or selection camps (does not include pre-season, tournaments, regular season league or event play).
Eligible applicants may apply for up to $400 in ferry vouchers.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications may be submitted, individually or for a group, by the following:
- Athletes aged 18 years and younger, or someone representing the athlete (e.g. parent, guardian, coach)
- Not-for-profit provincial sport organizations
- Not-for-profit local sport organizations, clubs and associations that are:
- a member in good standing of an appropriate provincial sport organization OR working in partnership with an appropriate provincial organization; and
- demonstrate inclusive and equitable practices that maximize sport, recreation, physical activity and leadership opportunities in the community
- Coaches or officials traveling to a recognized certification or professional development opportunity
IMPORTANT: Applications for ferry vouchers must be received 12 business days before first day of travel in order to be considered for the grant.
Get all the info here.