English and Western Exam fee’s for 2021 are $21.00, Drive Exam fee’s per level is $15.75 (includes GST)
Payment must be included when the finished test is sent to HCBC. We are not able to call for Credit Card numbers or hold the exam for payment. If payment is not included with the exam, it will be sent back to the testing coach.
HOW TO TAKE PART IN THE LEARN TO RIDE/DRIVE PROGRAMS:
- Join Horse Council BC
- Purchase the English, Western or Drive “Learn to” Manual(s)
- Purchase Stable Management in Canada
- Contact a Current and Certified and Licensed Equestrian Canada Coach or Instructor to begin training for the exams
- When your coach feels you are ready, they can administer the exam to you, some exams require you to use a coach other than your regular coach
- The completed exam and payment is then submitted to the HCBC office by the coach
- Your certificate will be mailed to you
- You then begin to work on the next Rider level
Purchase the Learn To manuals from the HCBC book store here:
The books can also be purchased over the phone (604-856-4304 toll free 1-800-345-8055) or in our office.
NEW as of December 2023 EC has revised the Learn to Ride/Drive program to follow the guidance of the FEI. The changes involve trimming of nose and ear hairs as well as mane pulling. There is also new information about stable vices and horse welfare. These changes will be inserted into the manuals for English and Western and Drive. To see the revisions please click here