Three mornings, three climate issues: Annual workshop will share the latest research, pathways forward
This year, ACARN‘s provincial workshop on adaptation research for BC agriculture will explore the following issues:
- Extreme heat and drought
- Wildfire risk and recovery
- Carbon sequestration on agricultural lands
Each daily topic will begin with presentations on the latest research.
Panel discussions will follow to dig more deeply into how these issues are impacting BC farmers and ranchers and what some of the adaptation and mitigation solutions are.
Sharing their perspectives and findings will be climate specialists, farmers, ranchers, researchers and others, including:
- Mark Ricka, third-generation dairy farmer of Brooknook Farms in Chilliwack
- Dr. Sonja Leverkus, ecosystem scientist with a PhD in Natural Resource Ecology and Management
- Dave Zehnder, cattle rancher, EFP advisor and vice chair of BC’s Agricultural Land Commission
- Tuesday-Thursday, December 7-9, 2021
- Each morning from 9 a.m. to noon, Pacific Time
- Online via Zoom — a link will be shared after registration
- Session recordings will be shared after the event has wrapped up
>> Full agenda and registration on Eventbrite