- To apply for Club status an organization must be a British Columbia equestrian or equine association or a branch of a national equestrian or equine association, be a non-profit or charity and hold legal constitution filed with BC Registry of Companies or Corporations Canada; and
- Must have members; and
- ensure all riding or driving members of the club are also individual members of Horse Council BC; and
- hold Club Insurance for the calendar year of the Club Membership; and
- adhere to policies and procedures of Horse Council BC; and
Application must include:
- A completed annual Member Club application form; and
- a current digital copy of Club Certificate of Insurance for the calendar year; and
- the Club’s current Society number; and
- Digital copy of Clubs current constitution and by-laws; and
- payment of the Club membership fee as set by the Board of Directors from time to time.
- Clubs will be notified of approved applications by email.
COST & CONDITIONS
A Club Membership is $85.00/year (including tax) and is non-refundable. The Membership will expire December 31st of each year and does NOT include insurance.
- The ability to collect HCBC membership applications and fees at your event, which are effective the date they are collected by the club.
- Application for HCBC funding through a variety of programs.
- Participation in the Group Commercial Insurance Program through CapriCMW Insurance
- The right to advertise and promote club activities such as fundraiser’s, educational events, clinics and Sanctioned Competitions on the HCBC website
- Application to receive HCBC Promo Packs, Free Publications and Materials
- Promotion of your organization in the Club directory listing
- Access to HCBC Membership Verification Program
Clubs are encouraged to use HCBC programs including the Annual Awards, P’tit Trot, Learn to Ride/Drive/Vault, Equestrian Canada Certified Coaches and Instructors, Provincially Certified Officials, HCBC Provincial Rule Book and competition sanctioning for local competitions.
Holding a horse show or event? Fill out our Event Activity ID Report or Competition ID Report to help us record and collect important activity development data for all levels of equestrian events in BC. This information allows us to report to ViaSport to maintain and improve funding for new and existing programs. By completing and submitting this to HCBC you will help us in our efforts to serve the BC horse industry.
HOW TO APPLY
2023 Club Application
Promo Packs are available FREE to HCBC Club and Affiliate members to promote their not-for-profit events – while quantities last. Each Club member is entitled to 2 Promo Packs per year. Download the form to receive a Promo Pack!