Students who have been certified in one or more of the following programs are eligible to receive graduation credits.
- English Rider Preparation 1, 2 of the 1-8 program (2 Grade 10 credits)
- English Rider Preparation 3-6 of the 1-8 program (4 Grade 11 credits)
- English Rider Preparation 7,8 of the 1-8 program (4 Grade 12 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 1 (2 Grade 10 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 2 (2 Grade 10 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 3 (4 Grade 11 credits)
- Western Rider Preparation 4 (4 Grade 12 credits)
- Vault Development Level 3B (4 Grade 10 Credits)
The Ministry of Education is responsible for the External Credentials program and the review of the programs is monitored by the Sport Branch of the Ministry of Tourism, Sport and the Arts.
Note: Students who have been certified in the approved courses before they reach grade 10 can receive credit for their past learning by providing the certificate of course completion to their high school counsellor.
HOW TO EARN CREDITS
- Obtain the appropriate Rider Level with an Equestrian Canada Certified Coach.
- Provide the certificate of course completion to your school counsellor.
For more information, visit the Ministry of Education website.
Learn more about the Rider Preparation Programs.
Find an Equestrian Canada Certified Coach in Your Area!
The Western and English Rider program training and testing is also available from The Langley Equestrian Academy.
For more information and for a registration application package please contact Brookswood Secondary
Mrs. Eileen Jonker: (604) 916-0961 [email protected]
Inspire a passion for equestrian culture and community while receiving a quality high school education. For grade 7-12 students looking for flexible and distance options.
For information about the Langley Equestrian Academy
Langley Equestrian Academy Poster