5100, Hutchison street, suite 200
Under the supervision of the Tour Director, the Stable Director is in charge of managing the
stables and the staff. This position requires working on a variable schedule.
- Plan, organize and supervise all department’s operations (shifts, purchases, horse care,
transport, inventory and maintenance);
- Coordinate the Stableman tasks (schedule, training, maintenance) and supervise the staff,
- Make sure that the stables are in compliance with the agriculture industry’s regulations and
- In collaboration with the trainer and Stage Manager, prepare the horses for training and
help the artists in handling the horses;
- Coordinate the required cares with the Veterinary Technician and the Farrier;
- Work closely with the Veterinary Technician to plan and adapt the horse’s nutritional and
medical programs to answer their needs;
- Establish and maintain contact with all local suppliers regarding the horses and stables
- Ensure the maintenance of the equipment and update inventory;
- Assure security and safety of the stables;
- Plan and supervise the transport of the horses and the equipment;
- Plan and supervise the set up and tear down of the stables and training areas.
- Experience as a Stable Director;
- Experience in managing employees;
- Experience as farrier (an asset);
- Experience with stallions and competition horses;
- Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign
To be discussed.
Transportation, lodging, food and per diem are provided on tour.
Candidates should apply to:
Ref.: Stable Director
Fax: (514) 879-9003 E-mail: [email protected]