HCBC BOOK STORE
The HCBC store carries hundreds of titles of coaching manuals and reference books. If you are looking for coaching resources, then go to the HCBC store to find a great selection of books. HCBC Members receive a 10% discount on all book orders by logging into the HCBC website and using the code given under the discount tab.
How do I get an NCCP Number?
- Go to www.coach.ca
- Click on the tab called The Locker
- Click on “Don’t have an account? Create one now!”
- Check the box “I agree”
- Check the box “I want to create a Locker account for access to my transcript, eLearning opportunities, to sign up for coaching events, and more!” – Fill in your info – Click Register
- Login to your email account and open the verification email that was sent to you
- Click on the “click here” at the very end of the email
- Create a password
- Click submit
- Click on the Icon “Profile”
- In the left hand corner of your screen under your name is your NCCP#
CONCUSSIONS & BRAIN INJURY
All Coaches and Coach candidates should take the time to visit this outstanding resource website on concussions.
Link for criminal record search
Candidates for Coach and Instructor Lesson Plan and Emergency Action Plan Submission rules – please read before submitting an Application
Lesson Plans must be submitted on a topic off the designated lists. Candidates may choose their own topics. Lesson Plans and EAP’s should be submitted to the Evaluation portal on the HCBC Calendar of events. Any and all documents uploaded must be .pdf files. Photo’s of documents will not be accepted
The scope of Instructor lessons is “introduce and practice”
The scope of Competition Coach is “practice and improve”
***For purposes of the Evaluation, each candidate has 20 -25 minutes to teach each topic***