Horse Council BC Junior Members have the opportunity to be honoured with a prestigious sportsmanship award. This award of a pin and certificate is presented at competitions, horse activities or club events. Nominations for the awards will come from coaches, parents, event organizers and other competitors. Each nomination is returned to HCBC and entered into a draw for a $250 cash scholarship.
The criteria and conduct that exemplify “Good Sportsmanship” include:
- Exemplary care and consideration of their horse.
- Polite and courteous to other competitors, volunteers, parents, officials,
- Helpful to other competitors.
- Abide by the rules set down by the Code of Conduct/Ethics.
- Gracefully accepting defeat and working towards improving their
skills to better their performance.
- Volunteering whenever possible.
- Behaving in a responsible manner and ensuring they “leave no trace”
for others to clean up.
- Display a positive outlook and friendly demeanour.
The 2016 recipients are:
- Claire Hernes – Terrace, BC – Zone 7 – $250 Scholarship Draw Winner
- Marina Muir – Comox, BC – Zone 6
- Ashleigh Evans – Prince George, BC – Zone 8
- Devin McGregor – 150 Mile House, BC – Zone 8