BC Agriculture Council is pleased to announce that they are offering a workshop on How to Host a Farm Tour at the Pacific Ag Show Saturday, Jan 27, 2018 (9:00- noon).
It will be held in the BMO Room on site at Tradex in Abbotsford and is free of charge.
Here are some highlights of the workshop:
- Why tours are important for the agriculture industry and consumers who have questions.
- Tour is designed for farmers/ranchers who have hosted tours or would like to offer tours on their farms.
- It will help answer tough questions, rephrase industry jargon and present their operations in a simple chronological order that consumers will understand.
- Topics include: focusing on shared values, conversation etiquette, tour dos and don’ts, as well as question and answer techniques.
- Tips for hosting crop tours:, logistics, common questions.
- Tips for hosting livestock tours: logistics, biosecurity considerations, common questions.
- Questions to prepare for.
- How to engage students and teachers.
Register early to ensure you get a reserved spot.! Register by emailing [email protected] or call 778-345-7750.