The Nomination Committee of Horse Council BC (HCBC), in accordance with the organization’s by-laws, is seeking candidates for Officer Positions of Officer specializing in Coaching, Officer specializing in Competition, Officer in General for two year terms and Secretary/Treasurer for a one year term to join the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors terms commencing November 2, 2019.
We are pleased to provide this nomination package that outlines the expectations of Officers of Horse Council BC together with their role and responsibilities.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Nominations close at 4:00 PM, Thursday, September 5, 2019.
All Officers are by default Directors and as such represent and are accountable to the membership and are responsible for governing and overseeing the strategic direction of Horse Council BC. Together Officers form the Executive Committee, which act for and in the name of the Board in the month to month oversight of the affairs of the Society. The effectiveness of HCBC is directly dependent on the leadership and enthusiasm of the Board of Directors.
The Nominations Committee, urges you to consider the following desirable qualities, some or all of which strong candidates should possess:
- Awareness and understanding of the role of HCBC and a desire to support it.
- Awareness and involvement in the horse community in British Columbia.
- Previous leadership or board experience.
- Understanding of the Officer’s position and responsibilities.
- Understanding management reports, and risk management.
- Ability to read and understand financial statements
- Well-developed faculty for critical analysis.
- High ethical standards and integrity in professional and personal dealings.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to chair and/or commit time to committees, workshops and events
In addition, nominees must be HCBC members in good standing and must be supported by two HCBC members in good standing and a current HCBC Director.
If you have any questions about the process and/or associated information, please contact the HCBC office at (1-800-345-8055) or email: [email protected] or the Chair of Nomination Committee, Gord Mackenzie at [email protected].
More information and Nomination Package