Please note that the next Equestrian Canada (EC) National Equine Disease and Welfare Surveillance Call is coming up on March 25, 2020, at 12 p.m. ET.
Register for the webinar and submit your most pressing questions about COVID-19 here.
Please note that the call will be recorded for online publication.
Online Zoom Meeting: Join Here
Call-In Numbers (dial based on your current location for higher quality):
Canada (Toll Free): +1 855-703-8985
US (Toll Free): +1-877-853-5247
International Numbers: https://zoom.us/u/ajDZLS2N
Webinar ID: 196 460 362
12 p.m. – Welcome & Introductions – Bettina Bobisen, DVM, Chair of EC Health & Welfare Committee
12:05 p.m. – Kristy House, EC Manager of Welfare and Industry
- An update from the EC welfare and industry portfolio
12:15 p.m. – Dr. Rebecca Steen, Family Physician Responsible for the Hamilton, ON, COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- The importance of social distancing and understanding the science related to transmission
12:30 – Dr. Alison Moore, DVM, DACVIM, DACSMR
- Equine facility operations continuity planning; a review of best practices, biosecurity, resources and more
12:45 p.m. – Dr. Melanie Barham, DVM, PMP, MBA candidate
- An overview of business continuity planning including steps to developing a business continuity plan, best practices, financial steps, resources and more
1:00 p.m. – Helen Richardson, EC Technical Programs Coordinator – Coaching and Education, EC certified Competition Coach, EC Rider Level Evaluator and Evaluator Mentor, NCCP Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator
- Fostering healthy relationships and continuing to connect clients with equines and equestrian sport in a virtual environment
Questions or topic suggestions regarding the EC National Equine Disease & Welfare Surveillance Calls can be directed to:
Manager, Welfare & Identification
1-866-282-8395 x 130