The Community Sport Hero Awards program recognizes coaches, officials, mentors and administrators who have dedicated themselves to amateur sport at the community level.
In celebration of the 40th Anniversary of BC Games, Sport BC, KidSport BC and BC Games have partnered in delivery of the 2018 edition of the Community Sport Hero awards. Volunteers will be recognized in six past BC Games host communities.
- Abbotsford – January 31, 2018
- Penticton – March 15, 2018
- Prince George – April 2018 (date TBC)
- Nanaimo – May 2, 2018
- Trail – September 6, 2018
- Terrace – October 2018 (date TBC)
The deadline to nominate a volunteer is two weeks prior to the event date.
Criteria for the Community Sport Hero Nomination:
- The nominee must be someone from the local host community who makes a voluntary contribution to sport through coaching, officiating, board administration, special events etc.
- The nominee must be an individual, not an organization or foundation
- The nominee has been or continues to be a dedicated sport volunteer for a MINIMUM of 8 YEARS
- The nominee must be affiliated with a club who is a member of a Sport BC recognized Provincial Sport Organization (PSO)
Please forward the above information to all of your member clubs in our feature communities. The nomination form is online. Please CLICK HERE to view.