The BC Agriculture and Food Climate Action Initiative is hosting an agriculture and wildfire risk reduction workshop aimed at agricultural producers from all sectors, wildfire response and emergency personnel, and local government representatives. Producers will gain vital knowledge to prepare themselves and their operations, and to maximize the efficacy and safety of local emergency response in the event of fire. Producers will have the opportunity to:
1) Reduce your risk from the climate change impacts of more frequent and higher intensity wildfires.
2) Connect with local government representatives responsible for wildfire and emergency planning, as well as local wildfire and emergency response personnel.
3) Learn local wildfire behavior, threat, and history, and how to apply lessons learned to structural protection.
4) Develop customized wildfire preparedness plans that outline what needs to occur before, during, and after a fire.
Prior to attending a workshop, please familiarize yourself with:
- the BC Wildfire Preparedness & Mitigation Plan workbook (607 KB PDF)
- and the BC Wildfire Preparedness & Mitigation Plan workbook guide (2 MB pdf)
This 6-hour workshop is free, with lunch and refreshments provided.
Dates and Locations:
January 29: Vanderhoof
January 31: Quesnel
February 12: Kamloops
February 14: Armstrong
February 26: Cranbrook
February 28: Creston
March 5: Grand Forks
March 7: Osoyoos
March 11: Duncan
March 14: Pemberton
Email us at [email protected] if you have any questions or need help with registration.
For more information about the BC Agriculture and Food Climate Action Initiative please visit: www.bcagclimateaction.ca/wildfire