Ottawa, ON, Feb. 21, 2019 – Individuals interested in volunteering on the Equestrian Canada (EC) Driving Committee are encouraged to apply by the deadline of March 15, 2019.
As an operational committee of EC, the Driving Committee is responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to EC management to support the development of driving in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and national office staff, to aid in implementation of the respective mandates.
Specific responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies, and performance targets for the ongoing development of driving in Canada.
- Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of its annual operational priorities and performance targets and identifying key areas for improvement.
- Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations, and services related to the development of driving in Canada.
- Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to driving.
- Interfacing as a unit with the driving community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges, and achievements within driving.
- Providing strategic counsel to EC management on matters concerning driving high performance programs and services.
- Nominating driving representatives to various EC committees as required.
- Appointing ad-hoc driving committees in accordance with management-approved terms of references as required.
- Liaising with Provincial and Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSOs) in order to further the effectiveness of driving programs and services.
Committee members will be appointed by the EC senior leadership upon recommendation of the EC Driving Committee. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the sport discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical, and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be in good standing with EC and hold a valid EC Sport Licence at the Bronze level or higher. In addition to following EC’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures, committee members must sign the EC Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Agreement and file it annually at the EC office.
How to Apply
Individuals are invited to submit an expression of interest highlighting their unique qualifications serve on the Driving Committee in a resume format to:
EC Driving Committee
The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence number (if applicable at time of submission) must be included in the application.
The deadline for applications is March 15, 2019. The vacancies will be filled and announced by March 28, 2019.
For further information, including a detailed list of the core competency considerations, please contact the Driving Committee at [email protected]