Ottawa, ON, Sept. 30, 2019 – Equestrian Canada (EC) would like to invite interested individuals to apply for open positions on the Eventing Committee starting in 2020.
The Eventing Committee, an operational committee of EC, is responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to management for the development of eventing in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and management to provide assistance in implementation of the respective mandates.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies and performance targets for the ongoing development of eventing in Canada.
- Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of its annual operational priorities and performance targets, and identifying key areas for improvement.
- Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations and services related to the development of eventing.
- Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to eventing.
- Interfacing as a unit with the equestrian community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges and achievements within eventing.
- Providing strategic counsel on matters concerning high performance programs and services.
The Committee member will be appointed by the EC senior leadership upon recommendation of the Committee for a term of three (3) years. A member is eligible to serve up to two (2) terms. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be registered participants in good standing with EC and hold a valid Sport Licence. The Committee is specifically seeking individuals with experience and expertise in both the development and execution of communications, promotions and recognition.
Individuals are invited to submit their name and contact details, along with a detailed resume, via email on or before Oct. 21, 2019, to:
New Committee members will take office starting Jan. 1, 2020.