Ottawa, ON, Feb. 1, 2019 – Individuals interested in volunteering on the 2019-21 Equestrian Canada (EC) Endurance Committee are encouraged to apply by the deadline of Feb. 20, 2019.
As an operational committee of EC, the Endurance Committee is responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to EC management to support the development of endurance in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and national office staff, to provide assistance in implementation of the respective mandates.
Specific responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies, and performance targets for the ongoing development of endurance in Canada.
- Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of its annual operational priorities and performance targets and identifying key areas for improvement.
- Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations, and services related to the development of endurance in Canada.
- Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to endurance.
- Interfacing as a unit with the endurance community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges, and achievements within endurance.
- Providing strategic counsel to EC management on matters concerning endurance high performance programs and services.
- Nominating endurance representatives to various EC committees as required.
- Appointing ad-hoc endurance committees in accordance with management-approved terms of references as required.
- Liaising with Provincial and Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSOs) in order to further the effectiveness of endurance programs and services.
Committee members will be appointed by the EC senior leadership upon recommendation of the Committee for a term of three (3) years. Each member is eligible to serve up to two (2) terms. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the sport discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical, and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be in good standing with EC and hold a valid EC Sport Licence (Bronze). In addition to being in compliance with EC’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures, Committee members must sign the EC Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Agreement and file it annually at the EC office.
How to Apply
Individuals are invited to submit an expression of interest highlighting their unique qualifications, along with a resume, to:
EC Endurance Committee
The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence number (if applicable at time of submission) must be included in the application.
The deadline for applications is Feb. 20, 2019. The vacancy will be filled and announced on Feb. 28, 2019.
For further information, including a detailed list of the core competency considerations, please contact the Endurance Committee at [email protected]