Here is a great learning opportunity for groups in rural communities!
Learning Initiatives for Rural and Northern BC (LIRN BC) is offering 21 workshops coordinated by a number of BC’s leading community development organizations. Workshops cover a wide range of topics including:
- Getting Indicators to Work for Your Community
- Producing Community-Based Participatory Research
- Building Respectful and Effective Aboriginal/Non-Aboriginal Relationships
- How to Create a Strategic Social Development Plan
- Engaging Youth in Community Organizations
- Making Space for Everyone: Toward an Accessible Community
- Your Voice and Public Policy: How to Participate in Shaping Public Policy
- Lots More!!
Who Can Apply?
LIRN BC will partner with non-profit organizations, First Nations, local/regional governments who:
- Are located in a rural, remote and/or Northern region of BC – rural is defined as communities that are below about 25,000 in population and beyond regular commuting distance from a larger centre.
- Can demonstrate support or partnership within the community (including coordination to avoid multiple applications from the same community);
- Can demonstrate local need for the learning event.
- Can articulate anticipated outcomes for a LIRN BC event in their community.
- Groups of communities can also apply that are close together or have the potential to use video conferencing facilities or other long-distance communication methods.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in the opportunities offered by LIRN BC. All applications will be reviewed and prioritized by the LIRN BC partners in accordance with an objective list of criteria, which will be organized according to the following themes:
- Community Location.
- Organizational Profile.
- Community Support.
- Community Interests, Issues, Assets and Anticipated Outcomes.
The LIRN BC partners will try to provide learning events to as many of the applicants as possible within our budgets.
EOI Deadline: Friday, July 3, 2015
Please do not exceed the provided space of the Application Section of the EOI.
Click here to open the application as a Word Document.
Return the Application Section only (pages 15 to 21 of this document) as a Word document by email to [email protected].
Official deadline is Friday, July 3, 2015 at 5:00 pm.