Ottawa, ON, April 29, 2020 – Equestrian Canada (EC) is pleased to announce that Larry Brinker of Langley, BC, has been appointed to the 2020 Driving Committee for a two-year term.
Brinker brings much experience to the Committee as a Senior Combined Driving Judge and experienced clinician who most recently taught two combined driving clinics in 2019.
He also has a strong multi-discipline background and is an EC Judge for Eventing, Jumping and Dressage, a Course Designer for Hunter and Jumper, and an EC certified Competition Coach Specialist in Eventing.
Brinker’s extensive background will contribute to the EC Driving Committee’s current initiatives, which include:
- Advising EC on strategies such as coaching and education;
- Reviewing the Officials development pathway;
- Developing a tool kit of resources for competition organizers;
- Finalizing an agreement with American Driving Society (ADS) to use ADS dressage tests in EC competitions; and,
- Analyzing and aligning the EC Rules with ADS.
Brinker is replacing outgoing Committee member, Cora Hohenberg of La Broquerie, MB, who was appointed in May 2019. EC offers its thanks to Hohenberg for her time and service.