CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2020 BCETF GRANT RECIPIENTS!
ABOUT THE FUND
The BC Equestrian Trails Fund was established to provide support for HCBC member clubs and affiliates who have researched and planned a specific project related to the construction and/or maintenance of an equestrian trail, trailhead, or horse camping site in British Columbia for public use. The fund for 2020 totaled more than $24,000, allocated by the Horse Council BC Board of Directors, and increased annually by individual and corporate contributions.
The BCETF money should be used as “seed funding” to obtain additional funding from other granting agencies. A review committee appointed by HCBC will receive, review, and approve specific funding proposals. Submission deadline is April 15, 2021.
The 2021 BCETF application period will be open from January 1, 2021 to April 15, 2021. Submission deadline is April 15, 2021
WHO CAN APPLY?
Grants will be given to:
- Horse Council BC member clubs or affiliates that have been members in good standing of Horse Council BC for a minimum of 12 months and whose members are Horse Council BC members
- Committees of Horse Council BC whose projects meet the required criteria
Eligible projects for funding would include:
- New trail construction
- Trail upgrade/improvement
- Bridge and water crossing construction, upgrades or rehabilitation
- Trail surveying and tracking
- Trail rehabilitation
- Horse camp facilities such as corrals, high lines, toilets, fire rings, signage, stock watering facilities, etc.
- Trailhead modifications to accommodate horses and horse trailers
FORMS & APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submissions is April 15 of each application year.
2021 BCETF Application Forms:
2021 BCETF Application, Budget & Checklist – Fillable
2021 BCETF Application, Budget, Checklist & Guide – Print
2021 BCETF Auto-Calculating Budget Worksheet
Submission deadline is April 15, 2021
If you are unable to download any of the forms or would like them in a format that is not available through this site please contact [email protected] to request them via email.
BE A BC EQUESTRIAN TRAILS BUILDER!
Just a few dollars from each Horse Council BC member each year can make a huge difference in building and improving BC’s equestrian trails. If you like to explore new trails, or plan to in the future, help make BC the best place on earth to ride by making a donation to the BC Equestrian Trails Fund.
Grants will be made available to HCBC member clubs to assist them in building and improving trails and horse-camping sites. If you are interested in donating you can do so online or by phone with a credit card or by mailing in a cheque.
OTHER POTENTIAL SOURCES OF FUNDING
Do you need funding for a project? Our partners at the Outdoor Recreation Council provide a spreadsheet with additional funding resources. You can find out more by going to the Learning Centre on their webpage.
WHERE THE DOLLARS WENT IN 2020…
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, Robson Valley Chapter, for Belle Mtn Multi-Use Trails Rehabilitation
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, Yarrow Chapter, for Nesakwatch Bridge Replacement
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, Shuswap Chapter, for Skimikin Trails, Signage & Mapping Upgrade
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, North Vancouver Island, for Memekay Horse Camp Manure Containment Upgrade
- Back Country Horsemen of BC, Provincial, for Kane Valley Equestrian Campground Creation