Members of an Affiliate organization are also members of Horse Council BC.
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP
Organizations applying for Affiliate Membership with Horse Council BC will meet all of the following:
- To apply for Affiliate status an organization must be a British Columbia equestrian or equine association or a provincial branch of a national equestrian or equine association, be a non-profit or charity and hold legal constitution filed with BC Registry of Companies or Corporations Canada; and
Submit an annual application to Horse Council on the applicable forms by the end of January each year.
The application will include:
- A completed Affiliate application membership form; and
- A verified count ** of Affiliate/HCBC members per region for the current or prior year: and
- Current Society Certificate
- payment of the Affiliate Membership fee as set by the Board of Directors from time to time.
** This information will be used to verify eligibility criteria
Chapters, branches which are legally a part of the Affiliate organization (operating under the Affiliate’s board of directors and Bylaws and Constitution) will receive branch status as part of the Affiliate membership fee.
Affiliate centers or clubs that are separate legal entities will have to purchase Club Membership to belong to Horse Council BC.
All Affiliate membership applications will be reviewed on an annual basis by the HCBC Executive prior to their acceptance. Each Affiliate application will be reviewed considering:
- that the organization meets the criteria set out;
- that participation would benefit the overall goals and activities of HCBC;
- that two similar entities might be making application
The current exemptions for the following Affiliate Members: BC Therapeutic Riding Association, Harness Racing BC Society and Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (BC Division) are ongoing exemptions as long as they join Horse Council BC each year. If the Affiliate Member does not rejoin each year by January 31 their exemption will be forfeited.
** This information will be used to verify eligibility criteria and can be obtained through a request to HCBC.
COST & CONDITIONS
An Affiliate Membership costs $199.00 (including tax) and is non-refundable. This Membership expires December 31 and does NOT include insurance.
Benefits of an Affiliate membership include the following:
- Membership Verification Privileges
- Third Party Membership processing through the HCBC online system.
- Access to Group Commercial Insurance through Acera Insurance
- Apply for funding through various HCBC grant programs
- List your upcoming educational events, clinics and Sanctioned Competitions on the HCBC Events Calendar
- Be eligible to receive HCBC Promo Packs
- Listing in the online HCBC Club Directory
- 5 Complimentary passes to be used at education events throughout the year
- Access to an assortment of HCBC educational materials
- Collect HCBC membership applications and fees at your event
HOW TO APPLY
Email: [email protected]
No online renewal at this time